Politics Media & News QANON

Army, Navy Satellite Communication Mission Areas Shift to Space Force

Army, Navy Satellite Communication Mission Areas Shift to Space Force

 

The chief of Space Operations announced the transfer of Army and Navy satellite communications billets, funding and mission responsibility to the U.S. Space Force.

 

Space Force Gen. John W. “Jay” Raymond made the announcement at the Air Force Association meeting in Washington, yesterday. The transfers are scheduled to be effective Oct. 1, 2021, if the DOD budget is passed and signed.

 

General shakes hand with astronaut.

 

“We’re one team with our sister services and over the last year-and-a-half we have worked with the Army and the Navy and the Air Force to determine which capabilities come over to the Space Force,” Raymond said. “The intent was to consolidate (and) increase our operational capability; increase our readiness and do so in a more efficient manner.”

The changes are “a first tranche,” he said.

This is the latest step in building the new service. The idea behind the U.S. Space Force was “to create a unity of effort around our space enterprise,” said Space Force Lt. Gen. B. Chance Saltzman, the service’s deputy chief of space operations for operations, cyber and nuclear. Simply forming the service made the idea of looking for efficiencies possible.

“We need to create this unity of effort around our space missions, to ensure we’re up to those challenges that we face, because the space domain has rapidly become far more congested, and far more contested than … when I was a lieutenant or a captain operating space capabilities,” Saltzman said.

 

Rocket arches through the sky to orbit.

 

The performance of satellite communications will be enhanced by this sort of unity of effort.

On the Navy side, the Navy’s narrow band satellite constellation will transfer 76 manpower authorizations to the Space Force, as well as 13 satellites — a mix of the new multi-user objective system and the UHF follow-on satellite constellation.

The U.S. Army will transfer roughly $78 million of operations, maintenance and manpower authorizations. This will include five wideband SATCOM operations centers, and four regional SATCOM support centers. This will affect about 500 manpower authorizations.

All told, 15 global units with 319 military and 259 civilian billets from the Army and Navy combined will transfer to the Space Force.

These are crucial defense capabilities. The units can’t stop just because the function is transferring to the Space Force. The capabilities are needed 24/7 and they will be, Saltzman said.

 

Two Space Force lieutenants pose with Air Force colonel.

 

The move puts basically all of the DOD’s narrowband, wideband and protected SATCOM under control of U.S. Space Force. “Now all of that— training, operations, acquisition and sustainment and follow-on activities, user allocations — all of that, will be consolidated under the Space Force to create that unity of effort, and hopefully gain the ability to be more resilient, more dynamic, and ultimately more efficient with that mission set,” Saltzman said.

The uniformed members assigned to the transferring billets are not obligated to move to Space Force. There is a process and those involved must volunteer to move. For soldiers and sailors, this requires release by their respective services and acceptance by the Space Force. For civilians, in most circumstances, civil servants currently filling transferring billets will be realigned along with their positions.

 

 

Leave a Reply

You may also like

Politics Media & News QANON

11.26.22: PI PHONES FROM MUSK? BATMAN VS. TRUMP, TWITTER CLAWBACK MAY BE THEIR BIGGEST FEAR! PRAY!

post-image

11.26.22: PI PHONES FROM MUSK? BATMAN VS. TRUMP, TWITTER CLAWBACK MAY BE THEIR BIGGEST FEAR! PRAY!

First published at 18:12 UTC on November 26th, 2022.
channel image

And We Know

And We Know

 89803 subscribers

🆘 Store unlimited power in your pocket with the Backup Solar Bank: 🆘
http://www.backupsolarbank.com
Get 15% OFF Using Promo Code (Black15)
—————————————
ZStack Click Here–> http://zstackwithawk.com/
My Pillow Click Here–> https://www.mypillow.com/awk

*Our AWK Website: https://www.andweknow.com/
*Our 24/7 NEWS SITE: https://thepatriotlight.com/
*No Ad VIDS: https://andweknow.tv
*Our Audio Podcast https://thepatriotlight.com/awk-podcasts/
—————————————————
MUSIC
1989
Song by Dr. Paranoid

CNN on Elon reinstating suspended Twitter accounts: “Putin is gonna be all over Twitter.” https://t.me/PepeMatter/13197

The Covid-19 injections are “very, very, very, very safe. There they’re safe as any…

Read More
Politics Media & News QANON

Kash Patel: “What was the FBI doing planning January 6th for a year?”

post-image

Kash Patel: “What was the FBI doing planning January 6th for a year?”

RedpillUSAPatriotsPublished November 26, 2022

“What was the FBI doing planning January 6th for a year?” – Kash Patel

Kash brings up a very interesting point.

It’s recently been reported that there were 8 FBI confidential human sources (at least) at the Capitol on January 6th. If true, it means the FBI was planning for January 6th for about a year prior to the event.

If they were planning this for at least a year, you know what else they were planning? A stolen election.

Read More
Politics Media & News QANON

DAVID NINO RODRIGUEZ W/ MAJOR INTEL DROPS FROM SGANON & DEREK JOHNSON IN ROUNDTABLE

post-image

DAVID NINO RODRIGUEZ W/ MAJOR INTEL DROPS FROM SGANON & DEREK JOHNSON IN ROUNDTABLE

First published at 20:58 UTC on November 26th, 2022.
channel image

Team Global

whoisjohngalt22

 4555 subscribers

DISCOVER THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE MIRACLE VACCINE ANTIDOTE

WWW.THEROOTBRANDS.COM/SHOP/TEAMGLOBAL

t.me/jointeamglobal ON TELEGRAM

WWW.JOINTEAMGLOBAL.COM

#DAVIDICKE #NINOSCORNER #COBRATATE #ANDREWTATE #TATESPEECH #THERUBINREPORT
#JUANOSAVIN #PATRIOTSTREETFIGHTER #GENEDECODE #JOEROGAN #DAVIDNINORODRIGUEZ #THECHARLIEWARDSHOW #SIMONPARKES #MICHAELJ5326 #STEELTRUTH #THEMELKSHOW #NINOSCORNER #CLAYTONTHOMAS #THEROOTBRAND #DRCHRISTINARAHM #SGANON #DEREKJOHNSON

Read More
Politics Media & News QANON

Aides Urge DeSantis to Clobber Trump over “Dinner for Schmucks”

post-image

Aides Urge DeSantis to Clobber Trump over “Dinner for Schmucks”

Aides of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis are urging him to deliver a decisive, merciless blow upon Donald J. Trump for imprudently hosting a banquet for two controversial, polarizing figures currently basking in media limelight—Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, and Nick Fuentes, a 24-year-old kid accused of spouting antisemitic and misogynistic comments on his livestream broadcasts.

Trump, as the story goes, invited Ye to dinner at Mar-a-Lago Tuesday evening because the latter was eager to see Trump’s Florida estate, and Fuentes tagged along as Ye’s uninvited guest. According to a video Ye later posted to Twitter, he had asked Trump to be his running mate in the 2024…

Read More
Politics Media & News QANON

EP. 2934B – OFFICIAL SECRETS READY TO BE REVEALED, [DS] MOVES TO BLACKOUT THE INFORMATION

post-image

EP. 2934B – OFFICIAL SECRETS READY TO BE REVEALED, [DS] MOVES TO BLACKOUT THE INFORMATION

First published at 22:28 UTC on November 25th, 2022.
channel image

X22report

X22report

 195362 subscribers

 Get The Same Tactical Flashlight I Use For Self-Defense Here:
Click Here –> http://www.fighterflare.com
Get 20% OFF By Using Promo Code “Black20”

The [DS] are now reacting to everything, they are panicking over Twitter. They have lost control of the blocking system and the EM is about to reveal the truth. The people that were banned are now about to come back online. The [DS] in the end will only have one choice, a communication blackout because official secrets are about to be revealed. The [DS] never thought that the secrets would…

Read More